Contact us to learn more or schedule service!
Schedule Now
(813) 921-2610 TO GET STARTED


Is Your Home’s Air Compromising Your Health?

3 Tips That Will Breathe New Life Into Your Home—Literally

It’s National Parks and Recreation Month!

Parks are instrumental to our communities, providing environmental and health benefits. They also offer clean air, which is an invaluable perk—and here’s why.

According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the average American only spends 7% of an entire lifetime outdoors. The other 93% is spent indoors. Why is that a problem? Well, the EPA found that indoor air pollution levels are often two to five times higher, and sometimes up to 100 times greater, than outdoor air. This means you spend the majority of your life breathing in pollutants and other harmful airborne contaminants that are proven to take a toll on your health.

At Cornerstone Pros, we’re NOT OK with this. That’s why we are celebrating National Parks and Recreation Month by doing whatever we can to fix the problem. From replacing an aged, inefficient air conditioner to performing a whole-house repipe, we have the expertise to resolve any HVAC, plumbing or electrical problem that challenges the comfort, safety and efficiency of your home.

Here are three ways you can improve poor air quality.

1. Install an IAQ System

Investing in an indoor air quality solution is the most effective way to achieve cleaner, healthier air in your home. Among our elite options, the Clean Air Defense System is a standout choice. Designed to treat the cause of poor air quality rather than the symptoms, this IAQ option provides safe, reliable and affordable high-efficiency air cleaning for the cleanest, freshest indoor environment.

With this complete indoor air cleaning strategy, you will be able to control:

  • Germs, mold, spores, bacteria, viruses & volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
  • Allergens to prevent asthma attacks & allergic reactions
  • Dirt & dust that accumulates in the HVAC system & throughout the home
  • Noxious odors that stem from pets, solvents, smoke, vinyl coverings & more
  • Toxins from pressed-wood products & other materials

2. Air Out Your Home Through Ventilation

It’s important to let your home “breathe”—which means allowing it to exhale old or stale air that may contain pollutants and inhale fresh outdoor air. The easiest way to do this is through ventilation! Try these tips:

  • Open your windows: While 15 to 20 minutes is preferred, make a point to do this once a day for at least five minutes to provide your home with a healthy supply of clean air. Remember to open your windows when you’re cleaning to allow dust and pollutants from cleaning products to escape.
  • Add ventilation fans: Install vents in your bathrooms to eliminate excess moisture (preventing mold growth) and in your kitchen to help remove cooking fumes and other airborne pollutants.
  • Indoor plants are a must: Plants, such as Areca palm, bamboo palm and aloe, don’t just make great decorations. They’re also effective air purifiers.

3. No Shoes? No Problem!

Do you have a “no shoes in the house” policy? If not, you should consider it. Shoes track bacteria, dust, grime, dirt and other contaminants into your home. Once inside, these pollutants settle into your carpets. But, as you go about your daily activities, they get kicked up and become airborne.

Here are other steps you can take to protect your indoor air:

  • Vacuum your carpets two to three times a week.
  • Use a High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter with your vacuum.
  • Deep clean your carpet using dry steam cleaning annually.
  • Use durable entryway mats.
  • Keep kitchens, bathrooms and entryways carpet-free.

Take Back Control of Your Home With Cornerstone Pros

At Cornerstone, we’re the experts for all things HVAC, electrical and plumbing in the Tampa area. Whether you’re looking for more IAQ tips or you’d like to install the Clean Air Defense System in your home, please fill out our online form or call our pros at 727.295.3099 today! We’d be more than happy to help!